If you’re looking for a new rewards card that will reap you the most discounts, try checking out the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card. With this card, you can claim discounts and rewards from commercial establishments like restaurants, schools, and pharmacies, among others. Don’t have one? Here are the things you need to know before applying.
What is a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card?
Pag-IBIG first launched their loyalty program in 2014 as a way to maximize the value of the working Filipino’s Pag-IBIG membership. The government agency partnered with different establishments to offer exclusive discounts and perks to Pag-IBIG members nationwide. That’s why the membership grew from 8.8 million in 2010 to 14.8 million in 2014.
Indeed, the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card became more than just a Pag-IBIG ID. In a developing country like the Philippines, it offered considerable financial assistance to citizens who want the best value for their money. And in late 2019, Pag-IBIG improved on it and gave it a whole new purpose. They introduced the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus, the agency’s very own cash card.
“The new and improved Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus can now be used as a cash card where borrowers can receive the proceeds of their multi-purpose loans, MP2 dividends, and other benefits,” Secretary Eduardo D. del Rosario, chairman of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council and Pag-IBIG Fund Board of Trustees said about the new card.
Why You Should Get a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card
1. Cash Card Functionality
Pag-IBIG partnered with Unionbank and Asia United Bank to make the cash card functionality of the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus a reality. The new Pag-IBIG ID now looks like a proper ATM card, complete with an EMV chip for secure banking transactions. The agency is currently working with other banks to bring the new cash card closer to all Pag-IBIG members.
2. Affordable Valid ID for Life
The Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus is a one-time purchase, which means you don’t have to renew it ever again. After all, it has the same features as a regular debit card. The loyalty card is also one of the cheapest government IDs out there.
3. Discounts and Benefits
The reason most members sign up for the loyalty program in the first place is the convenient promos and discounts. You can use your Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card to get exclusive discounts from a wide range of products and services. From dining, shopping, and travel discounts to even tuition fees and medical services. Year after year, the perks keep adding up.
Read more: 4 Tips for OFWs About the Current Pag-IBIG Fund Law
How to Get a Pag-IBIG ID Loyalty Card
If this is your first time applying for one, you’ll instantly receive the newer Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus. If you currently own the old version of the loyalty card, you can still use it to get discounts from partner establishments. However, if you want to upgrade your card, you’ll have to follow the steps for a new application.
Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Requirements
- One (1) valid ID
- Permanent Membership ID (MID) number
- Must be an active Pag-IBIG member
If you have yet to receive your MID number, that means you don’t have a Pag-IBIG membership yet. Application is easy—just head down to the online Pag-IBIG registration page. Once you’ve secured your permanent Membership ID number, follow these simple steps.
- Download the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card application form and fill it out.
- Submit the completed form to the nearest Pag-IBIG Fund branch.
- Pay the registration fee of PHP 125 and keep the receipt for claiming.
- Proceed to the biometrics section to have your picture and fingerprints taken.
- Validate all the information you gave and check for errors and misspellings.
- Claim your Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus and PIN Mailer from the bank personnel.
Back to main article: 9 Pag-IBIG Benefits You Probably Didn’t Know Yet
Pag-IBIG ID Loyalty Card Benefits and Discounts
You can get exclusive Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card discounts and rewards for groceries, medicine, food, travel, hotel accommodation, fuel, and even tuition fees. All you have to do is show your card when doing business with a partner merchant, and you can instantly get your promised perks.
Health and Medication Discounts
- Asian Eye Institute – 15% discount on regular lasik surgery and screening
- Curamed Pharmacy – 10% discount on generic medicines and medical supplies
- Fatima University Medical Center – 25% discount on select medical services
- HealthCube Medical Clinics – 20% discount on laboratory and ancillary procedures
- Healthway Medical – 20% discount on selected laboratory procedures
- Hi-Precision Diagnostics – 5% discount on all laboratory tests
- Mary Johnston Hospital – 20% discount on CBC, urinalysis, fecalysis, and x-ray
- MedExpress Drugstore – 10% discount on RiteMed products
- Medical Center Manila – 8% discount on in-patient and out-patient bills
- MyHealthClinic – 20% discount on laboratory and diagnostic services
Read more: Pay Pag-IBIG Loans and Savings Through Credit Card
Education Benefits and Discounts
- Brentwood Academy of Las Piñas – 10% discount on full payment tuition
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran – 20% discount on tuition fee for select courses
- Digos Institute of Technical Education – 20% discount on tuition fee for select courses
- Diliman College – 30% discount on tuition fee for select courses
- Global Systems Institute of Technology – 50% discount on tuition fee for training courses
- International Colleges for Excellence – 30% discount on college tuition fees
- Informatics College – 10% discount on tuition fee for all courses
- Lyceum Northern Luzon – free tuition for new enrollees in all courses
- Our Lady of Fatima University – 5% discount on tuition fee for Graduate programs
Food and Restaurant Discounts
- Balanghai – 10% discount on food with minimum purchase of P500
- Balay Dako – 10% discount on Deli exclusive to Balay Dako’s products
- Calle Real Restaurant and Catering – 10% discount on dine-in orders
- Crabs N Crack – 10% discount on all seafood bucket
- Crisostomo Filipino Dining – free dessert for a minimum purchase of P1,500
- Formosa Bakeshop – 10% discount on select products
- Gerry’s Grill – free special dish for a minimum purchase of P1,500
- Gloria Maris Restaurant – 10% discount on food for cash payment
- Papa John’s Pizza – 10% discount on all featured pizzas
Read more: 11 Helpful Tips to Get Your Pag-IBIG Housing Loan Approved
Shopping Discounts and Benefits
- Hairfood Co – 10% on all products for a minimum purchase of P2,000
- HBC – 10% discount on all HBC products
- Human Nature – 5% discount on all products
- Jockey – 10% discount on regular-priced products
- Lewis N. Clark – 15% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,500
- Pacsafe – 15% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,500
- Rusty Lopez – up to 30% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,000
- Spruce – 10% discount on apparel, footwear, bags, and accessories
- Urbanize – 15% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,500
Beauty and Wellness Discounts
- Belle La Peau – 15% discount on waxing services
- Bioessence – up to 30% discount on select products and services
- David’s Salon – 10% discount on haircut and other services
- Dermcare – 50% discount on diamond peel and other select services
- Luz Facial Care – 205 discount on facial cleaning and diamond peel
- Macho Mucho – 10% discount on major services
- Orangeblush Salon – 10% discount on all services
Travel and Accommodation Discounts
- 2Go Travel – 20% discount on retail ticket fares at select outlets
- Crown Regency Hotels and Resorts – 20% discount on published room rates
- Microtel by Windham – 10% discount on all room accommodations
- Rakso Travel – 5% discount on international and domestic tour packages
Other Discounted Services
- Air21 – 5% discount on domestic shipments
- DHL – 10% discount on published rates for documents and non-documents
- Enchanted Kingdom – 15% discount on regular day passes
- I-Remit – up to 25% discount on remittance fees
- KServico – P500 discount on motorcycles
- Mr. Quickie – 10% discount on all services for a minimum spend of P300
Read more: The Complete Guide to Claiming Your Pag-IBIG Contributions
If you already have a Pag-IBIG ID Loyalty Card, then you know how convenient this one piece of card can be. Maximize its benefits further by upgrading it to the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus.
Not only will you get the same benefits of the old one, but you’ll also get a cash card for all your Pag-IBIG contributions and loans. It’s a loyalty card you should have at all times.